Finally, the weather is much better in Minnesota - barely any snow on the ground. My kids start to go out and bike around the neighborhood. As a mother, I want my kids to enjoy their treats without taxing their health on sugar. Today, I decided to make Green Tea Ice Cream. Here is my recipe:
2 tbsp matcha
2/3 cub sugar (standard but you can reduce if you want it less sweet)
3 egg yolks
3/4 cub milk
3/4 cub heavy cream
1. Dissolve Matcha with hot water 6 tbsp
2. Add sugar with egg yolks and mix them well. Cook them with Medium-low for about 10 minutes until you see it starts bubbling
3. Add Matcha green tea from step#1
4. Strain it for a smooth batter. Then refrigerate until cool.
5. Add green tea mixture to heavy cream and combine them well
6. Put in the ice cream machine for about 20 minutes (or put in the refrigerator afterward).
Ta-da, enjoy your ice cream.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with any local or oversea tea organization.
Staff at Great Tea Road Co